Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Non-Stress Test

I'm thinking I probably don't need to bore you by posting about today's non-stress test, but that's okay. There isn't a whole lot to tell about it so it should be short anyway.

Basically I got there actually a couple of minutes before the appointment time (which lately seems to be a record for me). Which I apparently didn't need to do since I sat and waited for about a half hour. Guess they were a little busier today so the wait was longer than it normally is. I went back to the room they have the stuff for the tests and answered a few quick questions and then the lady did an ultrasound to measure the amount of fluid. She then had me turn onto my side a little bit and started to hook up the monitors. At this point I chuckled because when I turned, apparently Dylan did too. She couldn't find where to put the monitor to hear his heartbeat. She ended up grabbing the ultrasound thing and looking again so she could know where to put it.

They gave me a paper there that said the test will run from 20-90 minutes, depending on the baby. He was active enough that I don't know that they had the monitors on for 20 minutes. I even had one braxton-hicks contraction during the test time. Anyway, after all that, he's doing just fine. I might actually think to bring a book next time.

So that's it for now. Don't forget to vote on my poll if you haven't already. That is, if it will let you. I know of two that weren't able to vote for some strange reason. Ah, well.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hey! It finally let me vote! :)