Wednesday, July 9, 2008

More about yesterday....

I remembered a couple of things with yesterday's non-stress test that also made me laugh, and thought that I would share them. Both involved the ultrasound at the start of the non-stress test that they do to measure the amount of fluid around the baby.

The lady had asked me initially if the baby is still active. I said, "Yeah, he moves around all the time." Apparently she heard "she" instead of "he" because she commented that "she" is taking up all of the space on the right side (to which I commented that all of my kids have liked that side). I laughed when she was looking for a good space to measure the fluid and seemed quite startled and exclaimed, "Oh, wait, that's a boy!"

Shortly after that, she stopped to point out the baby's face. Commented that he has chubby cheeks. That made me laugh because all of my kids have chubby cheeks. Even told her that. Told her that Jimmy will complain a little because his friends will tease him that he has chubby cheeks. Okay, maybe you had to be there. But I thought it was funny.

No comments: