Sunday, July 27, 2008

Labor?

Yes, it is the middle of the night as I'm typing this. It's just that for about the past oh, 9 hours, I have been having somewhat regular contractions. Makes it kind of hard to sleep, actually. Well, hard for me. Not overly hard for Russ (as is evident by his snoring).

The contractions started out about 10 minutes apart and stayed that way for a very long time. After a couple of hours, we took the kids to their grandparents because we figured with my track record, we would need to head to the hospital in the middle of the night. I half expected them to stop as soon as we dropped them off. Got home and I decided to call the doctor to ask if he wanted me to do the usual waiting until contractions were consistently closer and stronger or go in sooner with the problem the baby has. Only there is some other doctor taking the calls tonight and he never did call me back. Makes me wonder if the answering service guy didn't write my number down right.

Anyway, the contractions started to get closer, but not very consistent. Varied from 4-8 minutes apart, but for the most part were 4-5 minutes apart for a while. Not real strong though. (And yes, Russ shakes his head at me because he's afraid I only think they aren't strong enough.) Only now they seem to be slowing down again. I'd go walk around the block if it weren't the middle of the night. They do seem to come more often when I'm moving around. Almost tempted to just head to the hospital and hope they don't send me home. Which I'm pretty sure they would do at this point. Makes me kind of wish my water would just break. But I guess for now, at least, I will go back to pacing the halls and see if that helps at all.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I think you should try jumping on your tramp... that should get things going for sure.

Good luck with the delivery. If you need anything don't hesitate to call us.