Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Latest appointment/ultrasound

The appointment today went relatively well, I would say. Russ says he's not sure he knows more now than before the appointment, but I figure we do know more and actually have a name for it.

First and ultrasound tech spent some time and did a thorough ultrasound and said that from what she could see, it was the same problem as was in the report from my doctor. Which made me chuckle since I could not remember everything that was described to me. Russ basically asked her to tell us what that said and so she did. She gave us a dvd copy of the ultrasound.

Then a doctor came in and did some more with the ultrasound machine and explained a few things. Gave me the number to Cardiology at Primary's and said to call them and schedule a fetal echocardiogram. Which I have called but left a message. The message thing said they should call back within two hours.

Anyway, the doctor said that the baby has tetralogy, which essentially means there are 4 problems. One being vsd, which is a hole between the left and right ventricle, which sometimes corrects itself and often needs no correcting at all. The info I read on Wikipedia says that with treatment, a person with tetralogy often leads a normal life with generally good cardiac function. So there you have it. I'm sure we will know more as we go along, but that's about what I know for now.

1 comment:

Meg&CC said...

You may have already checked it out, but if not, go to webmd.com. They have great information. You are welcome to bring the kids over anytime, just let me know so I will be there.