Friday, May 23, 2008

Doctor visit/Ultrasound #2

Yesterday I had my monthly doctor appointment, which wasn't a usual appointment. Instead of the usual appointment, I had a second ultrasound because with the first one, the ultrasound tech wasn't happy with his views of the heart. Wanted me to come back and have another one so he could get a better look. So for this one, I got the ultrasound and had the glucose test and got the rhogam shot. Going into it, I knew it wouldn't really be a fun appointment. Didn't realize that it wouldn't be a fun appointment at all, however.

Unfortunately, the ultrasound showed that the baby has something wrong with his heart. The ultrasound tech told me where exactly he saw the problem, but for the life of me, I can't remember what he said. And my doctor asked me if he had talked to me about it and I said yes, so he didn't repeat it and I didn't ask him to remind me. My doctor had me call the perinatology department at the hospital and schedule a consultation ultrasound so that we can actually determine the exact problem. That appointment will be on Wednesday. So really I don't know much at this point. Just that there is a problem. I'm really hoping it's a minor problem. Russ is actually upset with himself for not being to the appointment with me.

After the ultrasound I really would get a sad feeling and think of the heart problem every time I would feel the baby move. But now I really am okay. The stress I was feeling about it yesterday has dropped a lot. I attribute that to a blessing Russ gave me last night after we got the kids to bed. It was a beautiful blessing that gave me a lot of comfort. To tell the truth, both Russ and I cried during the blessing. Made me wish I had a tape recorder and had recorded it, but that's okay. I won't say here what the blessing said (it was a 40-minute long blessing), but will mention that it said that Dylan is aware of the challenges he will have in this life and is willing and eagerly accepted them and that he is strong enough to overcome his challenges.

Russ and I would appreciate it if you kept us in your prayers at this time.

4 comments:

Amy said...

We will definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if you need anything!

Mike said...

You are in our prayers. The priesthood is a great thing and Russ is a wonderful example of a worthy priesthood holder. We are here for you too.

Unknown said...

We'll keep you in our prayers too. If you have a family/friends fast, let us know. (This coming Sunday is the 1st...hint, hint :) )
Love you!

Living Green said...

We will definately keep you in our prayers. If there is anything we can do for you please let us know. We will include in our fast this next week too. We love you guys!