Monday, December 29, 2008

Sara's Wedding stuff

Yes, we had a busy few days. Why do you ask?

Anyway, the day after Christmas we decided to drive up to Logan and spend the night in a hotel since Russ' little sister, Sara, was getting married in the Logan temple the next morning. We decided that it would be a whole lot easier to get the kids ready in time to be there if we were already up there than having to drive up there that morning. The roads were icy and snow covered, but travelling wasn't actually all that bad. I had driven on worse, so it wasn't a big deal. Except for when the old man driver in the lane next to me decided he had to be in my lane and came over into my lane and didn't even seem to notice me nor the honk of my car. I was luckily paying enough attention that I managed to slow down enough that he didn't hit me. Just annoyed me when he went back into the other lane about 30 seconds later. Ah, well.

I think the kids were most excited that the hotel had a heated indoor pool. They had a blast at the hotel. We got a room that had 2 queen sized beds plus a pull out sofa bed. The three girls slept in the sofa bed, as you can see in the first picture.
Jimmy talked Russ into sleeping in one of the queen beds with him. Which meant I had a whole lot of room in my bed. Which was nice. Doesn't mean I slept any better than I usually do though. Dylan still woke up once and Russ snored loudly enough that I was surprised he didn't wake up the kids.
Sara and Andrew's ceremony was really nice. Afterward, we went to the Blue Bird diner for the wedding luncheon. It was good. But it was also snowing lightly in Logan, which meant it was snowing harder through the canyon. Which they ended up closing, so we had to drive the longer way back home. Not that I'm complaining or anything. The longer way had roads that were clearer. At least until we got to the freeway. Then it was back to icy roads for a bit. Luckily, everyone made it back down in time for the reception. Which was also nice. Jimmy and Emma were supposed to help clean up the tables. Jimmy did a pretty good job, for the most part. Emma didn't want to do it and so didn't really. Ah, well.

Here's a picture of Sara and Andrew as they were about to cut the cake.
I'm just throwing this picture in. I had taken a picture of Russ holding Dylan just before but he wasn't smiling and wasn't happy with how the picture looked. So he gave this cheesy smile instead. Yeah, I'm really not sure which one is better. :)

No comments: