Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick or Treat

The kids were very excited to go trick-or-treating last night. I made them eat dinner before putting on their costumes. When they finished, they each eagerly put on their costumes. Once Lyssa had hers on, she ran around the house, holding her sack and yelling, "Trick-or-treat! Trick-or-treat!" Since Russ was still in a costume from work (apparently he was one of the only ones who dressed up for work), I had him take the kids around. They were so anxious to go that they groaned when I told them I wanted to take their pictures first. Well, Jimmy groaned, anyway. After I took their pictures, they went outside and waited impatiently for Russ. Russ told me that Molly got scared of a few decorations along the way and he had to take her to the door a couple of times. One decoration had Lyssa entranced so she didn't even look at the candy the people had.

When they got back, Jimmy nicely put his sack on the couch. Emma and Molly immediately dumped their candy on the floor and started to pick through it. As did Lyssa and Jimmy. I think Lyssa forgot about her sack and just saw their candy. A few minutes later, a neighbor stopped by with little sacks of candy for the kids and told them she knew her house was too far for them to go, so she brought the candy to them. Her husband brings a bag of candy to church every week. Kind of funny to see all of the kids run up to him as soon as church is over and get some candy.

I had fun staying home and handing out candy. Xena seemed to have fun helping me. Someone would knock or ring the doorbell and she would jump up, bark twice, then look at me and wag her tail like, "Aren't you going to open it?" She tried to sniff everyone who came to the door. I was actually surprised that she didn't seem to scare anyone with her size. As soon as the door was shut, she'd run to the kitchen all excited, expecting me to give her a treat for being good.

Here are pictures of the kids in their costumes. And of Russ walking with them as they started out.






1 comment:

Stacey said...

Cute pictures! Ben said, "Oh, cool!" when he saw Jimmy's costume.