Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Jimmy!

It's hard to believe that Jimmy is 10 years old! Okay, I guess what's really hard to believe is that I have a 10 year old. Surely I'm not old enough to have a 10 year old. But it's not about me, now is it?

Ten years ago we were quite surprised when Jimmy decided to come 7 weeks early. (I would throw in a picture of when he was in the hospital, but I'm too lazy to get the pictures and scan one in so I can. ) He weighed 4 pounds, 11 ounces, which I really didn't think was bad. After 3 weeks in the hospital, he came home. I still find it funny that a baby with really no problems (just not gaining weight because he kept losing weight due to a couple of bouts of diarrhea) was in the hospital longer than a baby who had open heart surgery. The nurses all loved him and the day we brought him home they told us that the night shift nurse tried to think of anything she could to keep him there because he was so cute. :)

Anyway, happy birthday, Jimmy! Hope you have a great one this year!

Jimmy at about 5 weeks
Not sure on the age, but my guess is somewhere around 9 months.
Jimmy (with Xena) at 2.
First day of 1st grade
Jimmy now. (Okay, I guess technically it's Jimmy 4 days ago, but still.)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh, I thought the 9th month picture was Dylan. Had no idea they looked just alike. Happy birthday Jimmy!

Monica said...

I can not believe how fast time has gone by and Jimmy looks so grown up too.

Unknown said...

I still can't believe that I have a nephew that is 10. I feel really old! Thats it Jimmy, now that your 10 it's time for ages to start going backwards. I will turn 24 and you turn 9 again ok?