Thursday, October 23, 2008

Trip to the doctor

I took Lys to the doctor today because she has had a fever since Sunday. I figured after this long, I should get her checked out to make sure she didn't have an ear infection or strep throat or something along those lines. She had been telling me since Sunday that she didn't want to go to the doctor, so I didn't tell her until after we had stopped by my mom's house to eat lunch quickly (I went right there from picking up Molly from preschool). And since Mom is getting new doors, she decided she would come with me to help with Molly and Dylan. Of course, today Lys has been acting like she's feeling better. Still pale, but hasn't been laying in my bed begging for me to lay down with her because she feels miserable.

Anyway, the first thing they did was to do a quick strep test. Her throat looked pretty bad. Then the doctor checked her ears and did the usual exam. Everything was negative, so she basically just has a cold. Said she should be on the downward slope of it, so if she gets worse or doesn't get better to let them know. One of those appointments where you know that by taking her in, there's nothing really to be done, but if I didn't take her in she would have had strep or an ear infection and would have gotten worse.

I have very shy children. He would ask her a question and she would kind of smile and dip down her head and refused to answer. I would ask her and she wouldn't speak, but she would nod or shake her head. I could tell when she had enough. I asked her the question and she reached out and grabbed my arm and hid her face. She practically danced out the door when I said we could go.

Molly had a good time at preschool, at any rate. They went on a field trip to a pumpkin patch. She came home very excited with a small pumpkin. And straw in her hair.

No comments: