Saturday, September 29, 2007

5th Ward Reunion

We went to a reunion that was held last night for the Val Verda 5th Ward (single's ward that no longer exists). The kids weren't so sure they were thrilled to be going, but when they saw there was a playground by the church bowery, they were happy. And when they saw Russ and me with name tags on, they each wanted their own. When it got to the point that we thought we should get going, Jimmy didn't want to leave. He was having fun.

Since it was "finger potluck", I took some meatballs in the Yoshido's sauce that you can get from Costco. Apparently everyone liked them because I didn't have any leftover to take home. I had filled up the crock pot with the meatballs and wasn't sad when I didn't use up the whole package of meatballs since that meant I could make myself more later.

It was fun seeing people from that ward. There seemed to be a pretty good turnout for it. I was glad for the name tags though. I am horrible at remembering names of people I haven't seen for a while.

Driving home, I pointed out the Bountiful Temple for Emma. She asked me a few days ago which temple Russ and I got married in. Molly and Jimmy seemed just as excited to see it and all three would call out, "Saw it again!" as we drove and the buildings and things hid it from their view for a moment.

No comments: