Thursday, September 13, 2007

The continuing saga of the old job...

Okay, so I couldn't come up with a better ending for what the saga was. Didn't think "Russ and the job" worked any better.

Anyway, Russ told me that E starts working at Dal on Monday. And from the things he's told me, I have come to the conclusion that it wasn't really Russ they wanted to get to quit. It was E. Russ was just fallout. Not very long ago, E went from working at the AO branch to working at the main Contempo branch. Was no longer a manager. They went up to him and told him they'd be cutting his pay because "only managers" should make what he was making. I guess he took a week off and gave them a week's notice on Friday. Yesterday they went up to him and said not to bother with giving any notice. He won't be starting any sooner at Dal, so will have a few days off.

I honestly do not understand why Contempo would do any of this. E has been a good employee for them, and has worked for them almost as long as Russ had. I can't help but hope that they find out what they lost in all of this. Ah, well. May never understand it. Just like I will never understand why Molly thinks it's a good idea to take an unopened thing of salt, open it, and dump it all over the changing table (after throwing everything off the changing table). But that's a different story...

Anyway, for those who are wondering, the only things Russ has really said about how he likes his job so far is that it seems like it's getting harder instead of easier. Said there's a lot to learn. I'm sure he'll like it better once E is there, too.

No comments: