Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween pictures, mostly

I had to laugh while taking the kids trick or treating last night. There is a house on my street that Emma and Molly have LOVED all month. Kept going down to it because it was totally decorated. They saw it last night and were absolutely terrified. Tears and everything. Refused to go close to it. They didn't last long trick or treating. Just didn't want to go by houses they thought would scare them. Lys and Jimmy wanted to keep going, but it started to rain a little. So they didn't get as much candy as they usually get, which isn't a bad thing. This way I don't eat so much. :)

This first picture is of the kids with the pumpkins that were carved. Too bad you can't really see all of the pumpkins. Dylan's costume was obviously a pumpkin, as you can see in this and the next picture.

Emma was a witch. She was very excited to go as a witch. And since they call it "Storybook Day" at the school, she said she could just tell them she was the witch from the Wizard of Oz. I was actually kind of surprised she came up with that one all on her own. Don't know why though.
Molly was Sleeping Beauty.
Lys was a fairy.
Jimmy was the Grim Reaper. He didn't really like the mask because it would make him sweaty.
Really the only picture of any of the pumpkins lit up. I played around in carving this one. Later I thought of things I should have done to make it better, but that's okay. Had fun with it anyway.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I like the pumpkin. I think I might try something like that next year...

Unknown said...

lol..it's cute