Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting and such

I had a busy morning this morning. After getting Jimmy and Emma off to school and Molly to preschool, I took Dylan to the doctor to get his first synagis shot (for those who may not know, synagis is a medication given for those who qualify to help prevent RSV). He started to cry before they gave him the shot. He acted like he knew what they were going to do and he wasn't happy about it at all. I also got Lys the flu shot since she was with me. Forgot to make an appointment to get the others their flu shots. Really should do that.

After the doctor, I decided to vote before stopping at home. I was happy to see that it wasn't really crowded so I could get in and out really quickly. Or so I thought. I gave my name as you are supposed to. That's where the trouble began. In their voter log book, it said that I had voted early. I think I would remember voting early. I know I thought about voting early, just never got around do actually doing it. Besides, the location where I vote on election day is a whole lot closer than where I would have had to go to vote early. So I had to go talk to the election official and say, "Um, it says I voted early and I didn't." So instead of having fun using one of the electronic voting machines, I had to use a provincial ballot and hope they decide that I wasn't lying when I said I didn't vote early and actually count my vote. Granted, I got to feel like I was coloring as I filled in the bubbles on the ballot. Wonder why they had me listed as one of the early voters though....voter fraud, maybe? Ah, well. I think after all that I deserve to drive over to Krispy Kreme for the free voter's donut, don't you?

No comments: