Friday, February 22, 2008

Light at the End of the Tunnel?

We seem to be nearing the tail end of this bought with a bad virus in our family. If you sit in my house for a while, you will still hear coughing from nearly everyone, but not as hard or as often. Jimmy and Emma even went back to school yesterday and today. Granted, Jimmy thought I was the meanest mom in the world for making him go. He didn't complain about not feeling well until I told him to get ready to go. I told him he had to go. Said if he felt bad enough, he could always call home. (Of course, he told me that his teacher wouldn't let him call home and he went to school today without a single complaint so it must have worked.) Emma, on the other hand, was happy to go, and happy that she was the fastest to get over this.

Lyssa is still sick with it though. She's had a fever the past couple of days and will get really cranky and tired at times, but doesn't cough a whole lot. For the most part she acts like she feels completely well. I just know she's not feeling well if she falls asleep in my arms in the afternoon. Doesn't usually do that.

Molly, on the other hand, has yet to really get it. I thought she was coming down with it two nights ago when she coughed a few times just before bed. But she didn't. Or rather, hadn't. She has started to sneeze a little bit today, so I am thinking that the virus is catching her. Despite her announcements after each sneeze of, "I'm not sick!" We could luck out with her and this could be it for her, but I'm not holding my breath.

Of course, the way these things tend to go, we may have a day or two of everyone feeling fine and healthy and then some new and exciting virus will find its way to us. Or, like Emma did a year ago this coming Sunday, someone will fall and break a leg or something. Can't decide which one would be worse.

No comments: