Wednesday, February 13, 2008

100th post

Wasn't actually going to title it that, but then I noticed that it would be my 100th post so decided to stick with that.

Just thought I would give a little more details about Russ and me expecting our 5th. Seeing as that's almost all the information I gave two weeks ago. Anyway, for those who might not know and are wondering, the due date is August 7th or 8th (depending on if you go by the online due date calculator or my doctor's nurse). I tend to think of it more as the 7th, but that's just me. You can pick which one you want to go by. We should have the ultrasound at the end of next month. Jimmy is hoping it will be another girl because he says he likes being the only boy. Yes, I know Russ and I had said we were done having kids with 4. Quite content with 4, actually. But when we were at the temple and praying about Russ' job situation, we both felt like we were supposed to have another child. And after we found out we were expecting, Russ gave me a blessing and in the blessing it said that Heavenly Father is grateful that we are willing to have this child and that if we didn't have this child, it would go to another family and would not have the gospel. If I haven't given you any information that you were hoping for, let me know and I may tell you.

And completely unrelated, I have a couple more little stories about Emma that made me laugh. Emma had a very loose tooth. One night I was trying to get her to let me pull it, but she was quite nervous about it and wouldn't let me. Shortly afterward, we had family prayer and then she went to the bathroom. When she came out, she told me she had said a little prayer asking Heavenly Father to help her not be scared about her tooth coming out. I said, "Okay, let me try to pull it." She quickly jumped away and said, "I don't think He's answered my prayer yet!" (She pulled that tooth this past Sunday just as we were finishing eating dinner.) A couple of nights ago Molly was nervous about sleeping alone in her bed. She told me that Emma would be in the room with her though, so it would be fine. Emma said, "And Jesus will be watching over you!" Then last night she was looking for an electronic toy thing she has. She told me she was saying a prayer that she would be able to find it. Shortly afterward, she found it and I heard her tell Molly, "I said a prayer that I would find it. Jesus whispered a secret in my ear but I didn't hear it, but then I found it!"

So that about does it for my 100th post. Not all that impressive, but that's okay. And just because people like pictures, here's a picture of the 4 kids gaining up on Russ and trying to dog-pile him on the couch...

No comments: