Thursday, October 18, 2007

Alyssa


Sometimes Lys makes me laugh. Well, sometimes all of my children make me laugh, but she's been doing it more often. The other day she found a Dora book we have that has a lot of fruit in it. She kept pointing at things and saying, "What's that?" She pointed at a blueberry and asked. I told her it was a blueberry. She said, "No, it's a purple berry!"

Lately when she opens the fridge to get something out, she says, "Ta-da!" as she pulls it open. Will sometimes even say that as she closes it, too.

This morning I heard her calling to me and saying, "Help!" I went to see what was wrong. She was in the kitchen, with a container of cookie dough on the floor that she had pulled out of the fridge, spoon on the floor next to it, trying to open the container. She saw me and said, "I can't open it! Open it for me!"

With Emma in school, she and Molly play cute together. They were crawling around the house this morning meowing as they were pretending to be cats. I think Molly was the "baby cat" and Lys was the "mama cat." Which doesn't surprise me since sometimes Lys will come up to me and say, "I'm the mama, you're the baby." (Although I'll say, "Okay, hi mama," to her and she frowns and says, "No, I Lyssa.") She's just growing up too quickly.

No comments: