Monday, November 2, 2009

Dylan's 15 Month Check-up

Just when I thought I had finally gotten caught up with posts, I remembered that I failed to mention taking Dylan today for his 15 month check-up.

Dylan is just above the average for height and a little below average for weight. His head size, on the other hand, is in the 90th percentile. He's growing and developing nicely.

He usually smiles at the doctor. Not today. He kind of frowned at him today and wasn't happy at all with being examined. The doctor said that his lungs sound really good, which was nice since he's had a cough and a runny nose and bronchitis has been going around. He did say that his heart makes so much noise that it's hard to say anything one way or another about it. He did seem happy to know that I take Dylan later this month for an echo to check his heart again. Dylan was just happy to be given a sucker after his exam. Wasn't happy at all about the two shots he got though. Which made me forget that I needed to schedule his 18 month appointment until I was almost out of the building.

Dylan walks everywhere now. I'm sure he'll start running soon. Seems to be starting to talk more, too. He can say go, yes, no, banana, dog, thank you (but more like "tak oo"), bottle, and things like that. I've made a monster out of him with books too. He is always wanting me to read to him. And knows if the book is upside down or not, which makes it funny to watch him with one book we have where a girl is standing on her head.

Now we just need to try to keep him from catching everything this winter by keeping him home from everything and making everyone wash hands often and we'll be good. :)

No comments: