Thursday, January 10, 2008

Me and my big mouth

I got an email today from Jo, forwarding an email from her sister, Marilee, talking about getting together as the "Bear Lake Group." That's the name we've dubbed for the young women group that was my age or close to my age. Marilee had been one of our leaders and for several years we would go up each summer to Bear Lake overnight at their family cabin. We always had a blast and had certain things we did every year. Skits, m&m casserole, Win, Lose or Draw, hamburgers on the beach, and, of course, sunburns. Occasionally someone would even skinny dip. :) After they sold that cabin, we met a couple of times and then it kind of died out.

Anyway, Marilee wanted everyone's email addresses and contact information so she could plan and invite everyone to get together. When I emailed her back, I said I had been thinking that it would be fun to start a Bear Lake Group blog as a way that everyone could keep in touch and such. She wrote back saying she thought that was a really good idea and could I do that. Me and my big mouth. It actually wasn't as hard as I had thought it would be. Quite easy, actually. Of course, I don't have everyone's email addresses to invite them to contribute to the blog, but Marilee said she would send them to me as she got them. I haven't really added much to it, just the starting post to quickly say why I did it, but at least it's done. Maybe I should ask Katie if she has any good pictures of Bear Lake from our trip there this past summer that I could put on the blog. (hint hint) :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I will check and email you some!