Friday, January 25, 2008

Emma's report card

Emma brought home her report card today. I'm sure Jimmy will be bringing his, too, but thought I'd go ahead and share how she did. Anyway, she has almost all 4's with a few 3's mixed in. One 2 and a couple of 1's. The 1's are on knowing the capital and lower case versions of the letter Q. After I saw the report card, I wrote down the letter Q and asked her what it was. Without any hesitation, she said, "Q!" I asked her what sound it makes (as that was her 2) and she immediately told me. I asked her why she didn't say what it was when her teacher asked her. She said, "I was scared to answer. Sometimes I get a little scared to answer." Silly kid.
Anyway, she hasn't missed a single day of school so far this year. Still gets upset if I talk about her staying home a day. Which I sometimes do just to see if she still really wants to go. It shows that she doesn't have any tardies, either.
Guess this means that she and Jimmy will be starting to beg to go to Krispy Kreme donuts and getting their free 6 donuts for bringing in their report cards.

No comments: