Monday, April 20, 2009

Last week stuff

A lot happened last week that I haven't had a chance to write about. Some of it was good, some of it wasn't.

Easter morning, the mother of my friend Lisa passed away from breast cancer. I have known her nearly my entire life. She was a neat lady who was always upbeat and positive and always had a smile. Her funeral was on Friday. Russ and I went to the viewing the night before because he wasn't able to attend the funeral (thanks Michelle for watching our kids that night and to Myrna and Linda for watching them so I could go to the funeral) and I went to the funeral. Listening to the stories at the funeral, I couldn't help but think that it would be good to be like she was.

Friday evening and Saturday afternoon we were able to go with our friends and neighbors, the Jones family, as they went through the temple the first time and were sealed as a family (thanks to Steve and Amy for watching the kids Friday evening and Mom and Dad for watching them on Saturday). We are grateful that we were able to be there with them. They both spoke in church yesterday. I was sick and unable to go, but I heard that they both did a really good job. Wish I could have been there.

Saturday morning Steve and Amy took Jimmy with them to the Museum of Natural History on the University of Utah campus. After watching all of my kids the night before (they were even brave enough to take them all to a movie), I'm a little amazed they still had the energy to take Jimmy (and his cousin Sadie) the next morning. Jimmy says he had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Jared and Lisa said...

It's been really busy for you! Thank you for making the time to come support me and my family. We really appreciate you're having been there. Hope you're over your cold.