Saturday, April 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I have a very nice husband and nice children. First thing this morning, Jimmy decided he wanted to bring me breakfast in bed and had Russ help him make it. He included a card that said that I'm getting old like his dad. The girls very cheerfully made birthday cards for me. Russ bought me a summer outfit and made an appointment for me to go get a pedicure and a manicure. He wanted to make an appointment for me to get my hair done, but said he wasn't able to do that.

And Russ managed to talk me into waiting until today to eat the cake. Almost as soon as I was up, the kids were asking if they could have it yet. Kind of along the lines of, "Oh, it's your birthday today? Cake!!!"

Last night we went out to dinner for my birthday. Jimmy was quite happy (as evident by the maniacal laughter) to tell the waitress that it was my birthday so that they would sing to me. After eating a large meal, the huge ice cream dessert they brought me looked even bigger. It was yummy though. Brownie with ice cream, fudge sauce and whipped cream all served up in a bowl-sized goblet. I might have taken a picture of it. Had I taken along my camera. Which I would have done, had the battery been charged. Should charge that up, huh.

All in all, it's been a good birthday.

4 comments:

Kem said...

Happy happy birthday

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday!!! That was really nice of Russ to make sure that you had a great birthday. Where did you all go to dinner at?

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a nice day and anyday that one can get a manicure/pedicure is a good one. Good job Russ!

Thanks for the peace offering for Dick's. I thought it was hilarious! (Am I right to assume it was you?) Jake called me at work to tell me about it. He wanted to eat it! The eclair didn't get shared, but the cake did mistakenly. Now I know better!