Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More rambling stories about kids

My life pretty much revolves around my kids. (And tv, but we won't go there.) So you shouldn't be very surprised that this post is a story about two of them. It's not a very long story, but it made me laugh. And I'm sure I can come up with other things to stretch out this post.

As I was in the car today with Molly and Lyssa, Molly started basically head-banging to the music on the radio. She had a huge grin and said to Lys, "Dude, this is awesome!" To which Lys immediately said, "I'm not a dude, I'm a girl!" then proceeded to join her in the head-banging. Now I have had the occasional outburst at another driver when they decide that a speed of about 20 below the speed limit is a good speed of, "Dude! Go!" but I don't actually recall using the words "dude" and "awesome" in the same sentence around my kids. She must have gotten it from her brother. Made me laugh at any rate. Especially when about a minute later Lys said to Molly, "Dude, do this!" And Molly responded the same as Lys had, "I'm not a dude, I'm a girl!"

Emma had her kindergarten field trip to the zoo today. Luckily it didn't rain, but it was a much cooler day than yesterday. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing when spending the day out in the sun. She had a blast. I pictured her not being happy about the lack of seatbelts on the bus, but she grinned and said that she didn't even get hurt riding in a bus without a seatbelt. I gather from her constant goings on about the zoo that she had a good time. They said to pick the kids up at 2 and since both afternoon and morning kindergarten classes went to the field trip, I pictured chaos in picking up the kids so went over about 20 minutes early. Which is actually a little bit earlier than I planned, but Lys was very cranky because she was insisting that we left her drink at the restaurant we went to and that I should go back and get it. So it was easier just to drive over a few minutes before I planned. Anyway, the buses had just gotten to the school when I got there and kids were lining up to go into the school and Emma saw me and came running. So I didn't have to sit there for 20 minutes to wait for her. Which was nice. Except that Lys wasn't happy that I drove back home after that.

No comments: