Friday, August 3, 2007

Friday Fun (among other things)

I got a call this morning from one of my neighbors asking if the kids and I would like to join them in going to a movie over at the Kaysville dollar theater. Two weeks ago we went with them to see Meet the Robinsons. Usually several in my neighborhood go along. Today the movie they decided to see was Shrek the 3rd. We had gone to see that movie when it first came out, but I thought it could be fun to take the kids to see it again. Even though the rows aren't quite long enough for everyone who goes from the neighborhood to sit in the same row so I tend to just sit with the kids in my own row and basically wave at the people I know.

I asked Emma, Jimmy, and Molly if they wanted to go to the movie. Emma and Molly got every excited and yelled, "Yes!" Jimmy wasn't so happy. He said that he didn't want to go because we had already seen that movie. A few minutes later, when he was still unhappy about it, I told him he could invite his friend Austin to come along. He practically ran to the phone. Austin told him that he had already seen the movie twice, but would love to come with us. So I gave them lunch real quick and then a couple of mintues later Austin arrived.

I drove over to the theater, even though it is close enough to walk. It rained pretty hard earlier and I didn't want to risk getting caught in the rain. Although walking would have been easier than trying to find a place to park. Not always easy, but I managed it. The kids enjoyed the movie (for the second time). Molly even clapped at the end.

Came home and gave the kids ice cream and then Lyssa decided she was tired and went and laid on my bed and fell asleep. I was hoping she wouldn't nap this late, but what can you do when they go and take a nap all on their own? Here are a couple of pictures from after the movie. Jimmy with his ice cream, Lyssa asleep on my bed with her popcorn, and Emma and Molly sitting on the couch with popcorn.





Decided to go ahead and throw in this last one. Lyssa wanted me to take the picture and I was kind of surprised it turned out as well as it did, being a self-portrait.

No comments: