Friday, July 10, 2009

Independence Day Part 2

I know, I know. I'm a bit slow getting this part up. But at least I'm finally doing it. After we got home from the parade and such, we pretty much just had time to get ready for a family barbecue with Russ' family at Mike and Katie's. The getting ready part was Russ running to the store to get the stuff that we were bringing to it. After making the cake for earlier, I really didn't feel like making something for the pot luck part and had Russ pick up some potato chips. I think the kids had fun playing together and had fun watching some neighbors light off a few really loud fireworks. The first picture I've added is of Molly, Lys and Joshua watching them.
Mike and Katie recently got this hammock from Katie's dad and the kids had a blast playing on and under it. We had to remind them a few times that it wasn't a trampoline.

Thought I'd throw this one in of Russ and Emma getting more food.
As it got dark, we lit off a few fireworks. Okay, Russ and Mike lit them, the rest of us sat and watched them.
As soon as the last one was lit, we rushed off so that we could watch the fireworks that were being lit off near us. Dylan managed to fall asleep on the way home so I stayed home with him and Jimmy, who decided he didn't want to go because he was tired. All in all, it was a fun and busy day.

No comments: