Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Rachel!

Today is Rachel's first birthday.  So far she has no cake.  I really should make her a cake.  I would have made one by now but I was sick the first part of the week (still have a lingering cough and occasional ick feeling but for the most part am better).  And now Rachel is sick.  But man, she's a good baby.  She is about as smiley and happy as ever even when she isn't feeling well.  She does have her moments of crying and not being happy, but those are few.

In case you're wondering, the picture was taken at a ward party/luau.  Emma took part in a dance and the shells on Rachel were included in the packet with her grass skirt.  Russ had a good time putting them on Rachel.  Rachel just had a good time sitting on the stage for a bit.

Now if we can only get her walking.  Hm.  Maybe I don't want her walking yet.  She already gets into everything.  Even climbed up on my bed by herself last night. And grins and says, Hi!" as soon as we say her name to stop her from getting into something.  She knows exactly what she's doing.  I have a feeling this next year is going to be a busy one with her.

No comments: