Friday, November 9, 2012

Going Diaperless

A few weeks ago I drove to Idaho with my mom to visit my sister.  The day or two before we left, Rachel started to show a lot more interest in using the toilet than she had for a while.  She stayed dry for the drive.  I took her to the bathroom once during the trip and she happily used the toilet there.  Her diapers stayed dry most of the time in Idaho with Rachel often saying she needed to go and running to the bathroom.  Once we were home from the trip (I'll post about that momentarily), I put her in underwear.  She hasn't used diapers since.  She essentially trained herself.  Man, I wish all of my kids had been this easy.  As it is, 2 out of 6 isn't bad.

The last time I didn't have anyone in diapers was a brief month just before Dylan was born.  I've gotta say, it's kind of nice walking past the diapers in the store and thinking how I don't need to buy them any more.

No comments: