Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Alyssa!

For some reason blogger isn't letting me upload photos right now or else I'd start this post off with a picture of Lys.  She turned 6 today!  Really doesn't seem like 6 years have gone by since I sat on the porch steps timing contractions while I waited for it to be time to go pick up Jimmy from his last day of kindergarten and then head to Mom's to go to lunch with her and some relatives.  (Just so you know, it really panics the waitresses when you inform them that you are in labor but think you'll go ahead and get something to eat.)  I knew it would be a while because the contractions were far enough apart and not strong enough.  She was born just after 1:00 in the morning.  And no, I have no idea why I decided to share that story.

Lys was so excited to be able to take a treat to her class for her birthday that she was ready to go over a half hour before she needed to be.  Just kind of fun for her to be able to have her birthday on the last day of school, especially the last day of kindergarten.  I think it made it more exciting for her. 

She is a very sweet and happy girl.  And man, does she love to tease her little brother.  We love having her a part of our family.  Happy birthday Lys! 

No comments: