Monday, February 7, 2011

CHD Week

 As the banner reads in the above photo, today starts CHD Awareness week.  I took the picture of the banner today as I was leaving PCMC.  It hangs on the parking structure.  It is very nice of PCMC to allow IHH to put the banner up each year.  From what I understand, it took a bit of work to get approval the first year it was hung.  Since then it has been fairly easy.  This year I made a phone call and the lady I contacted did the work for me. 

I also helped with the table IHH sets up on the third floor at PCMC (next to the Spider-Man statue for those who know of it).  Below is a picture of the table.  The sign in the picture now looks a little different.  It now has a few hearts and the IHH logo on it, which I think makes it look better.  In the time we (those of us from the IHH governing board) spent there, we were able to talk to several people about CHD's. 

I am glad I have been able to have a small role in spreading CHD Awareness, albeit a very small role.  There are some who do a whole lot more. 

For those who live in the Salt Lake area, and who need to eat dinner anyway, head over to the Chick-Fil-A in South Jordan between 5 and 7 p.m.  They are donating a portion of their profits during that time to IHH.  I will be there.  Come join me!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The table looks great! I love cupcakes!!