Monday, November 22, 2010

Rachel's 2 Month Check-up

I took Rachel in for her 2 month check-up this morning.  Before I left to go to her appointment, I had to wake up Dylan.  Told him we were going to take her to the doctor.  He immediately said, "I don't like the doctor."  I told him it wasn't for him, it was for Rachel.  That made him much happier.  Although he did keep checking to make sure it really was for Rachel.  Even told the nurse it was for Rachel when we went back to the exam room.

Rachel is now 24 inches long and weighs 11 pounds, 11 ounces.  She started out as our biggest and is staying that way so far.  Twenty-four inches puts her at the very top of the growth charts and her weight is around the 75%.  Her head size is just above the 50%.  So she's tall and skinny (skinny for her height, anyway) and has a little head.  Wonder how big she will be in 2 months at her next appointment.

She got three shots and one oral immunization today.  Didn't cry very long from the shots.  I didn't think she would stop crying before I could pick her up to comfort her, but she did.  She did start crying a little again, but seemed more hungry than sad.

Rachel is a very good baby.  Rarely gets upset and is smiling more and more.  She coos more and more as well.  Just the other day I had her laying on my bed and Emma was laying next to her and talking to her.  She cooed at Emma about as much as Emma was talking to her (yes, Emma was talking).

No comments: