Monday, October 5, 2009

My Kids And Scissors...

I really don't know what it is with my kids and scissors. Jimmy used to cut Emma's hair all the time and cut Molly's once. Ranting and raving each time apparently didn't help until the last time. Then Emma had fun with scissors and cut hers, Molly's and Lyssa's hair. Finally has grown out. A little while ago I noticed that Molly cut off a piece of hair that was shorter by her face that had a cute curl to it. Guess it bugged her.

Then came Friday night. Lys came in for family prayer at bedtime holding a small pair of scissors in her hand. Attached to the scissors was a piece of hair. Which belonged to her. Essentially, she gave herself bangs. Badly. So I took her Saturday afternoon to see if it could possibly be fixed. There were parts that I knew ahead of time couldn't. This picture is the result of her haircut. She was very excited about it too. Grinned like this the entire time she sat in the barber's chair. Except for when I pulled my cellphone out to take her picture getting the cut. Unfortunately, I think she enjoyed getting her hair cut too much to learn not to cut her own hair again.
Russ keeps telling her she looks like a boy now. She ignores him.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I think she looks cute. A little like a boy, yes, but cute. :)